This Week in Pop Culture 02/16/2015

Ava Atkinson, Reporter

* Jon Stewart announced that he will be leaving ‘The Daily Show’, a satirical news show on Comedy Central. Stewart has been the host of the iconic show for 16 years and within that time has won 20 Emmys for his outstanding work. Now, his departure will not be immediate, there isn’t even a set date yet, but there is already discussion of who or what will replace Stewart.

The internet blew up crying out for Amy Poehler to take over the show and some other famous comedic names, like Tina Fey and Chris Rock, floated into the conversation. Although, it is unsure if Comedy Central will even continue to air ‘The Daily Show’ or if they will air a new show in it’s time slot. So here’s a loving farewell to Jon Stewart and ‘The Daily Show’.

the daily show

* In happier news, Bethany Hamilton is pregnant! The famous one-armed surfer made a public announcement over social media with her husband, Adam Dirks. You can watch the charming video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KEGhLqaVOY

bethany hamilton

* There is a new trailer out for ‘Pitch Perfect 2’ where the Bellas take on Beyonce and Miley Cyrus and we get a first glimpse of the plot of the upcoming sequel. Watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bh4mvJ5jUg

* Taylor Swift tracked down a committed fan during the Grammys to give her the all-star treatment. A couple months ago a huge Swifty, Jill Ralke, posted to tumblr that she would be going to the Grammys and to her surprise Swift replied asking where Ralke would be during the show.

Ralke wasn’t expecting much since she knew Swift was so busy at the Grammys, but halfway through the show something amazing happened. Swift gave a staff member a message which was then delivered to Swift’s publicist and a few minutes later Swift’s publicist was taking Ralke to the VIP section of the Grammys! Swift and Ralke spent some time dancing and took lot’s of selfies.

Again Taylor Swift proved that she is all about her fans and making them feel good.

taylor swift fan