TEDxYouth @ MileHigh

Olivia Rogers, Freelance Reporter

CREATE. IDEATE. INNOVATE. COMMUNICATE. LEARN. LEAD. GROW. EMERGE.

This is what TEDxYouth@MileHigh strives to encourage in our society everyday. Every year an event is put on by this group and this year I was lucky enough to be part of it. The idea of this year was Ideas Unbridled. The theme was to show people how to break away from norms, expectation and reality.

Many exhibits showcased new ideas on how to offset carbon footprint, new technology and new ways to engineer. The speakers this year were widely diverse including speakers who discussed space colonies, how to inspire others, new ideas about nuclear reactors, and even possible cancer cures. On top of the fabulous speakers we had two incredible woman performers. This event served to show how to expand our minds and thoughts and form our ideas into actuality.

Being on the TEDxYouth@MileHigh Board was an amazing experience. I got to meet so many new, incredible people and learn a lot about the marketing industry of today. I had the chance to be introduced to many adults who are the top in their industry such as one girl named Tracy who helped market huge companies such as Naked juices. I learned many strategies about how to interview and put on an event as large as this one held at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House.

This experience has been life changing for me by the amount of knowledge and experience I have gained from being part of this event and the process of putting it on. I also learned that every single person in this world has ideas that should be heard, because they have ideas that will change the world. My advice to everyone is that your ideas are worth being heard and you should let people hear them. Don’t be afraid to hide away and think that your ideas are worthy because they are and they’re what’s going to change the world.