What’s Your Cup of Tea?

Crystal Fetterhoff, Writer

Some people love tea, but for others it doesn’t quite fit their fancy. What many people don’t understand is that tea isn’t just appreciated for it’s delicious taste. Different types of tea can be used for their many health benefits such as help with sleep, stress relief, and even help with the common cold.

So what’s your cup of tea?

Here are different types of most common tea’s and what they’re good for.

Green tea is loaded with powerful antioxidants. Green tea is said to treat various diseases. It also has small amounts of minerals that are important for health. Green tea contains caffeine but not as much as coffee. Besides helping diseases and staying awake, green tea helps with other things such as anxiety, mood, vigilance, reaction time and memory and even is a great source for burning fat.

Raspberry tea is naturally high in magnesium, potassium, iron and b-vitamins which is a good use for treating canker sores, cold sores,leg cramps, and morning sickness in pregnant women,  flu, heart problems, fever, diabetes, and vitamin deficiency. It is also used to prevent sweating.

Black Tea originally came from buddhist monks who trained monkeys to harvest the leaves from the tops of wild tea trees. Black tea can help with the reduction of cholesterol levels, strengthen the immune system, help with heart issues, DNA  damage associated with tobacco or other toxic chemicals, helps strengthen your bones, and also helps with stress relief.

White tea has tons of benefits.  Everything from radiant skin, strong bones, heart disease, cholesterol lowering, reduces blood sugar, can also help prevent cancer. But mainly white tea is used for anti-aging properties which help in maintaining good health and healthy skin.

Lemon ginger tea is a very commonly known tea that helps with bacterial infections, helps boost your immune system and with nausea, helps with great skin and hair, and even helps with weight loss and the effects of diabetes.  

Spearmint tea is most commonly known for its strong smell some people might find bothersome but can reduce swelling in your nose and help with sinuses. Other great uses for spearmint tea is sore throat, colds, headaches, toothaches, cramps, cancer, a germ killer and a local pain killer. But spearmint can also be applied directly to the skin for swelling inside the mouth, arthritis, local muscle and  and nerve pain, and skin conditions.

So take some time and relax with a cup of tea because these simple herbs can help you in many ways.