Adventures at the Movies

Crystal Fetterhoff, Journalist

I love going to the movies with my friends. We all sit down with a huge buckets of popcorn and two large drinks split between us. We have a vote before the movie on what to see, and sometimes we draw cat whiskers on our face just for the fun of it. Every single time we are at the movies someone manages to spill  the popcorn before we go in to the theater. It’s ridiculous. So, movie theaters who have free popcorn refills are the best. I’m pretty sure me and my friends are the most annoying people in the world at the theater, because throughout the movie all we do is talk smack about the movie and make stupid jokes. Plus, I always want to put my feet up on the chair in front of me. Like I said, we are annoying. But, it’s so much fun every time we go because it’s like an adventure–new memories are created. My favorite part is meeting strangers. That may sound really weird but, we have met some really cool people at the theaters by just talking with them. Usually we go to this very cheap theater in Aurora just because it’s run down and basically no one goes there, so we can be as loud as we want without disturbing people. Plus it’s super easy to sneak food in there. Haha. For years we had a tradition to listen to Cher’s song “Believe” after we left the theater. We would blast it and roll down the windows (even if it was snowing outside). For some reason, that was our song. We are such an odd bunch. I love the movies. Some people just go and sit down respectful and enjoy their hour or so movie, call it good, and part ways. But, me and my friends, we have an adventure every time.