5 Actors I’d Be Sad to Say Goodbye to

Audra Smith, Journalsit

Normally actors or movies don’t really speak to me on a personal level, but there are a few actors that have broken the boundary in my book and I would be completely devastated if they died. Many of these actors are renowned for their work as they have done many movies. Regardless of this, these actors are my absolute favorite.

john-joseph-nicholson-2

1) Jack Nicholson

He is my all time favorite actor. From a very young age I have watched his movies starting with still one of my all time favorite movies: Batman. Now, I hate to be that stereotypical person that is completely obsessed with Batman and saying that he is the best superhero and blah blah, but in reality I enjoy that movie purely for the Joker. His rendition of the Joker is one of my all time favorites next to Heath Ledger’s Joker. Another one of my favorite movies with him is obviously The Shining. The way he got so into the character literally gave me chills the first time I saw it. He will forever be one of my favorite actors.

anthony-hopkins-composer-1323441714-hero-wide-0

2) Anthony Hopkins

Anthony Hopkins totally redefined acting for me when I saw Silence of the Lambs for the first time. Before I saw the movie I wanted to read the novel by Thomas Harris. So, I did. When I visualized Hannibal Lecter, Anthony Hopkins was the first actor that came to mind. Instantly I pictured him because he is very articulate and the way he speaks sounds like he goes out of his way to annunciate each letter. Hannibal is a very well mannered person despite his “habits” and I imagine, would be a very articulate person. Thusly, Anthony came to mind.

3d11872e2c70d2a8a31c405bb736fc24_large

3) Johnny Depp

I know he’s a younger actor, but still if he randomly died for a completely random experience I would be so sad. He has literally played everyone, from a barber in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, to a police officer named Tom Hanson in the original 21 Jump Street TV series. I honestly cannot picture movies without Johnny Depp. My personal favorite movie of his would either be the original the Nightmare onf Elm Street or Edward Scissorhands.

4) Maggie Smith

Since I was a small child I can remember watching her act as Minerva McGonagall in the Harry Potter series. In all honesty she is my second favorite professor at Hogwarts. However, since my absolute favorite professor did die quite recently I can no longer have him on my list. Although recently I have very much enjoyed watching Maggie Smith act in the PBS series Downton Abbey.

5) Ian McKellen

Now truly Ian McKellen I would greatly miss if he died. He has been in my life nearly as long as Harry Potter has been with him playing the role of Gandalf the Grey in the Lord of the Rings series and more recently the Hobbit series. Another iconic role he has in my eyes is Magneto from the X-Men movie series which he has been participating in since 2000.

If any of these actors were to die I would be so distraught. Especially since two of my all time favorite actors have died recently.