Emely Sotelo, Senior

Who is BTS?

The 7 member Korean pop boy group band (Rap Monster, Jin, Suga, Jhope, Jimin, V and Jungkook) debuted back in June 2013 under Bighit Entertainment. Since then they’ve done two tours (in 2014 and 2015). They’ve toured South Korea, the Philippines, Singapore, Japan, Thailand, Malaysia and Mexico multiple times, picking up many fans along the way. Their most recent tour, ‘BTS Live trilogy Episode 3: The Wings Tour’ sold out their five shows in the U.S in five minutes. With two shows in Newark, two in Anaheim and one in Chicago the group has gotten a lot of recognition by western artists like Kehlani, The Chainsmokers, Charlie Puth, Wale, and others. Rap Monster and Wale teamed up back in March and released ‘Change’ a song touching on political and controversial topics that kpop groups usually shy away from. They talk about the many struggles people in America and South Korean go through having so many political changes and how they wish to see that change in the world.

BTS also known as Bangtan Sonyeondan (Bulletproof Boy Scouts) have made it on the billboard charts many time for their songs, albums and tours.

No.15 on ‘Billboard’s Bubbling Under Hot 100’

No. 1 on World Digital Songs Sales (thee times)

No. 61 No. 171 No.26 on the Billboard 200 under the America’s definitive albums chart.

No. 1 on World Albums -giving them their third chart-topper on that ranking.

One of the things their fans are most drawn to is their lyrics and how meaningful they are. They talk about the struggles that young people go through. They talk about the youth and how you should enjoy your youth. Another thing they love is the personalities they have and how different every single one of them is. From happy and cheery to the cool and laid back they all have their own styles and they are all different but they fit so well together. As of now BTS has gone back to Korea to get ready for the next part of their tour in Thailand, Indonesia, philippines, Hong Kong, Australia and Japan and its. ALL.SOLD. OUT.